Tuesday, April 23, 2013

my story

Greetings to Dr Salfarina , my SIM4208 E-commerce Lecturer.

Thank you for this opportunity to restart my blog after 3 years. Let me introduce myself.

My given name is Li Na. Born on the ninth month of year 1989 in The Land Below The Wind. Years ago, my dad flew from Kuching, Sarawak to meet my mum at Kota Kinabalu. It is in a company named Articargo, where they first met each other and was deeply in love with one another. <3 That is how I came about~ along with two other "monkeys".

So after i was born, my parents moved from a small shop-house to a double-story corner house besides the hill. During my early childhood, I remember running around half naked with the chickens and dogs, watching how the black chicken laid her egg standing, listening to the shout of my mum chasing after the horses of the hillside from eating up all her vegetables on the fence. Occasionally, there will be rare animals such as baby mountain piglets and huge snakes appear in the yard, ready to be cook by mum...yummy~ During rainy days, I will be looking out of the balcony glass door into the flooded pouch, hoping that the rain would stop to allow my dad to come home safely. After my first brother was born, my dad was suddenly diagnosed with a tumor in between the brain and the eyes and was send to KL hospital for operation.

Alone in the hospital wad, he made friends with people with the same kind of diseases. Some stayed for years, waiting for their turn for doctors to operate, others just wouldn't last even a night, a shriek shout of pain and you know you wont be seeing him anymore...Angel of death was roaming the place I guess. When all hope seems lost, my dad remembers a god named Jesus, who can do ALL THINGS, even raise people from the dead! so he prayed a simple prayer, saying if this Jesus does exist and can save him from this suffering, he will follow and believe in Him for the rest of his life. Truly, the next day, a doctor arrived from US came towards my dad and choose to perform his surgery on him. Praise God! Now my dad no longer felt any excruciating headaches, and is pink in health ever since. With that, our lives was never the same; going to church every week, meeting new people, care of one another, learn how to see things through God's eyes in hard times..etc, was a whole new perspective of life.

Little did I know God has amazing plan for us. In 1996,  my dad's company relocated us from Land Below The Wind to the Land of the Hornbills and on the same year, my youngest brother was born. As we stayed there for 4 years, i get to know more of my father's family. Dad has a twin sister, an elder brother, a younger sister and two more bothers. my cousins are basically almost the same age as me and we grew up having many memories together, even until now. Kuching is a wonderful, serene place to be. Time moves slow and steady as the people woke up early to prepare breakfast and go for work. School was awesome, my first school was SJK(C)4th 1/2 mile, then it got burn down, so they relocate the students to SJK(C)7th mile. Then, my dad found another house next to grandpa's house, so again, I was relocated to SJK(C)Chung Hua 6. The best thing about moving schools is having your friends to give u gifts to remember them. But slowly I understood that it was more than just gifts, its the good memories of playing A,E,I,O,U, going to the dentist or taking jab together in the nurse's office, compete who can write the fastest with the person sitting besides u...so i learn how to read and write better and wrote many letters to some of my close friends classmate. However, the hope to keep in touch never lasted...

In mid 2000, I was in primary 5 when i got another news to migrate to a school SJK(C)Han Ming at Puchong, KL. My last primary school where pokemon seems to be the school's syllabus. Everyone was so into it; bags, stickers, eraser, pencil, games etc, everywhere! I remember a friend who sat next to me in class, and bully me whenever he can so i will chase him all around the school. Then, when my teacher asked why am i so sweaty, my other classmate will explain and nicknamed us to a couple's name, but that teacher was kind, she defended me...that's where I realized I have to stop playing as my result was not improving. Then, in primary 6, I got into the first class, no more fooling around. UPSR was just around the corner and at the end, i only got an A for English.

Moving to secondary school, SMK BandarKinrara1 is where i made 3 good friends. We laughed and played, and shared each others life. Catherine's and Pui Mun house was very near the school, so staying back seems to be my hobby. Uncle bus was very kind too, he became my only god-father who chat and asked me about my religion. There is once I was late and the bus was no longer there. I almost cried when he came back after realizing I was missing. but slowly his business grew big and i seldom sees him anymore. Wonder how is he...

The hardest part for a kid at that age is adaptation, and it seems that my migrating life has not stop. During my Form 2, my dad received news that DHL is placing my dad to Penang gateway. So, my Form 3 years was spend in SMK Bukit Gambir. It was a shock to be in that school. Learning to let go my friendship was very hard but my Form 3 was fun because a no-straight A's student like me, get to experience to be the top student for the school! And they reward well too~ At the same time, participating in a Young Enterprise with the Form 4 people. Moving to Form 4, I was known as anjing laut, and we have many other animals in the class...Ajeerah is the landak, Hibri as Pingu, Azri the jin, Liyana as lalat, Atikah as tikus, Mirosha as the sheep, Amirul as primate, Daniel as the frog etc...4 Satria was a zoo! haha...we learn to mixed around and learn from each other in class thats where we got closer in Form 5.

After Form 5, everyone went on to their separate ways. I choose to continue my Form 6 at Penang Free School alone, enrolled into biology class, meeting and making new friends again. I got to know a Ciṟiya paiyaṉ named Mahendra. A talkative guy, Chong Ken, Gana the tigger, Kenneth, my admire, Chiew Tyinn the panda, China the scarry, WanTing and TTN, Christopher, Moses, QiWei, Kyle and Debby and others more...Form 6 was filled with excitement; drove out for movies, played in the beach, played badminton in class etc..STPM seems so far and distanced from our final years of school...but we give our 101% when it comes to tuition.LOL...I just love Mr Sim's chemistry class. He used to work in the forensic department and now choose to follow his passion to teach form 6. Effective teaching materials, and the fee is very affordable, therefore his class is always full. Most important, he teaches using his heart and he remembers EVERY STUDENT'S name! Really thank God for him and for helping getting a B+ in my STPM.

After STPM, I managed to work as a kindergarten teacher near my brother's school and was able to arrange transport according to our time perfectly; saving two birds with one stone! Then after 3 months, I was accepted into UPM in a double major course: Human Development and IT. Now, I'm in my final year, final semester. Looking back to my university life, God had it all planned; to be part of KMR's MTM, participated in ICED, Minggu Akademik, taking part as UPM's Facilitator to impact juniors' live, being the EXCO of IKUPM for 3 years (P&C, CGC and Secretary)...all the wonderful memories will forever stays in my heart. Although it is sad to let go, but at the same time, i am looking forward for my next adventure ahead with God! ^ ^